If you subscribed to one of The Japan Times digital services during our special campaign period (through January 25, 2017) and you received a free 12-week trial access to NYTimes.com, follow these instructions to activate your NYTimes.com access.
1. Locate your 14-digit NYTimes.com subscription code
If you are eligible for the free 12-week trial access to NYTimes.com, you would have received an email from The Japan Times that includes your unique 14-digit NYTimes.com subscription code. The email should have the subject line "[The Japan Times] 12-week free access to NYTimes.com". Please make note of your subscription code and have it ready before you proceed to the next step.
2. Create a NYTimes.com account
If you don’t already have a NYTimes.com account, go to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/register to create one. All you need to do is enter your email address and create a password.
3. Register for free digital access for 12 weeks
Once you have created a NYTimes.com account, you can sign up for your free digital access. To do this simply follow these steps:
1) Go to INYT.com/redeemaccess and select ‘’login to activate’’
2) Enter the email address and password you used to create your NYTimes.com account
3) Enter your subscription code (unique 14-digit number) into the space on the landing page
4. Select what you would like to do at the end of your 12-week free digital access
a) If you do not wish to switch automatically to the paid digital service - at a special discounted rate - select "No thanks, continue redeeming my subscription code."
b) If you do wish to switch automatically to the paid digital service - at a special discount rate - select "Yes, sign me up" and proceed to register your credit card information. Follow instructions to complete your order.
For further assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.